05 May Pumpkin and tofu soup
2kg butternut pumpkin, chopped into small cubes
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 onion, diced
2L vegetable stock
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. nutmeg
600g silken tofu
2tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Place pumpkin and garlic cloves on baking tray and drizzle with oil and sprinkle cinnamon.
- Roast pumpkin and garlic for 25 minutes or until pumpkin is cooked all the way through.
- Cook onion until slightly soft with nutmeg, cumin, salt and pepper in large soup pot.
- Add pumpkin and vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Lower to a gentle simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Peel garlic and add to soup.
- Add tofu and stir through.
- Use stick blender to puree.
Serve with cream and fresh herbs.